Snakebite : 50,000 preventable deaths
- Snakebite is one of neglected causes of death in our country and its affects the most poorest in rural areas. Most of them from causes that can be easily avoided like
- Ignorance about the proper treatment
- Shortage of antivenom serum
- Lack of simple preventives like torches and protective footwear
Work so far : Educating people about how to deal snakebite in the 6 states with the highest snakebite death numbers in the country namely Jharkand, Orissa, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- Education and Outreach to areas where snakebites are common.
- Map the temporal and spatial occurrence of the common venomous snakes of India.
- Create a real-time updated database of clinics and hospitals across the country that routinely handle snakebite cases.
- A cheap and practical footwear as well as torches which can prevent snake bites while people are working in fields.
Geographies : Pan- India
Annual Budget: 10-30 lakhs